Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Waters of home

I grew up in south Florida, on the shore of Lake Okeechobee, so that's what jumped into my head when I thought of "waterways."

Lake Okeechobee
Altered by the hands of man
Fragile, beautiful

Photobucket

Photobucket

One shot with flash, one without. Combined, you get an idea of what the piece actually looks like! Color is truer on the darker/no flash shot, but you can see the couching (new technique this month) around the lake better on the lighter/with flash shot.

I really like how this one turned out.

3 comments:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

This is an interesting piece Michele. I love the background. Not sure I understand what the button represents? Nice haiku as well
Cherie

Michele said...

I just wanted a way to mark my hometown on the map. That and my out of control button obsession :)

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Ah...of course, makes perfect sense. Very clever!
Cherie